DISCOUNTED - This board has two very small nicks on the playing surface, both of which will not affect the play of the board at all. Other than that, it is a very good board!
The Pioneer Crokinole board is a very rare find in that it is the most solid of all our crokinole boards. It doesn't skimp on wood, it is heavy, and it is very strong. It is built like an Ox! There is no MDF or composite wood in this board. Only solid wood walnut rails and Baltic Birch plywood for the playing surface and base.
To describe this board best, it would come very close to describing a crokinole board that comes from the 1800's - lots of wood used, handmade, and very large!
The only difference is that this board adds some much desired modern features - latex covered brass screws for optimal bounce off the posts and UV printed lines and numbers for a crisp and professional look.
When you lift this board you immediately know that the board itself going to last for generations to come. It is very heavy! The rim on this board is the thickest of all our rims at half an inch, meaning that it won't break easily if dropped.
The playing surface on this board is buffed between lacquering to ensure a smooth surface. Point numbers are nice and small, keeping the board from looking tacky or childish.
The half inch deck height ensures the discs drop easily and the 26 inch playing surface is large enough for a very comfortable and enjoyable game of crokinole. This is the Pioneer Board - a throwback to one of History's greatest games - Crokinole!
Crokinole Board Specifications:
• Overall board size is 31"
• Playing surface is 26"
• Playing surface is 12mm thick (1/2")
• Ditch is 2" wide
• Side rails are 1/2" thick by 1-1/2" high
• Side rails are made of walnut
• Middle hole is 1-3/8" diameter and 1/4" deep
• Base and playing surface are made of 12mm (1/2") Baltic birch plywood
• Base is all one piece
• Ditch and back are Baltic birch plywood
• Not made of composite board
• Rim is glued and stapled
• Posts are made of 5/16" latex rubber with 1-1/4" brass screws
• Boards are finished first with 2 coats of wet sealer (first they spray on one coat then second coat crosswise with first coat to ensure no spot gets missed) then 2 coats lacquer
• Buffing is performed between laquering for smooth finish
• The Baltic birch plywood is made in Russia
• Rails are all Canadian wood
• Playing surface and bottom are glued and screwed together
Included with the Board:
• 26 crokinole discs (24 needed for game, plus 1 extra of each colour)
• Your choice of disc colours: black, natural, white, red, blue and green
• 100 grams of fast crokinole board powder (put small amount in the ditch and rub the disc on it before shooting)
• Large 20's cup
• Cloth pouch for discs
• Gameplay instructions, tournament and regular scoring cards
• 200 scorecards PDF: Download now
We sell these boards with common wood patches on them. Boards with a patch on the playing surface are discounted by $20. These patches will not affect play at all and are purely cosmetic. Read more about wood patches here.